North Korea’s Kim Jong Un tested a super massive HYDROGEN BOMB, triggering massive earthquake . Did China put him up to it ? Or is the US behind the North Koreans fear mongering tactics ?
Officials in South Korea claim the “artificial earthquake” is likely the result of tubby tyrant Kim Jong-un conducting yet another atomic test. The tremors from the 5.1 magnitude eruption were felt miles away from the Punggye-ri test site in the north east of the country.
In a typically propaganda-heavy statement, it was claimed North Korea had boosted its “nuclear might to the next level” after testing a “miniaturized” hydrogen bomb. The statement went on to warn that it could provide the country with a weapon to defend against the US and other enemies. The test, which was allegedly a “perfect success”, was celebrated on the streets of Pyongyang where a large crowd gathered in front of the city’s main train station.
Watching the announcement on a big video screen, some locals were seen documenting the moment by recording on their mobile phones, while others applauded and cheered. Dramatic images purporting to show the explosion depicted a huge cloud of black smoke billowing into the sky. A state television news reader announced: “The republic’s first hydrogen bomb test has been successfully performed at 10:00am on January 6, 2016, based on the strategic determination of the Workers’ Party. “With the perfect success of our historic H-bomb, we have joined the rank of advanced nuclear states.” It added: “As long as the vicious anti-North policy of the US persists, we will never stop development of our nuclear programme.”
In what North Korean state TV displayed as a handwritten note, leader Kim Jong-un said: “Let the world look up to the strong, self-reliant nuclear-armed state.” Kim Jong-un guiding the test fire of a tactical rocket in August 2014 While some North Koreans confessed to not even knowing what a hydrogen bomb is, they reacted enthusiastically to the news of the test. Kim Sok Chol, a 32-year-old man who watched the TV announcement on a big screen, said: “Since we have it, the US will not attack us. I think the first successful H-bomb test is a great national event.” Ri Sol Yong, a 22-year-old university student, said the test gives the country “more national pride”.
While the claims from North Korea have yet to be verified, the international community have already spoken out in outrage against the secretive state. Foreign secretary Philip Hammond moved with many nations to condemn the test, calling it a “grave breach” of UN Security Council resolutions. Mr Hammond, who is currently in Beijing on a two-day trip, said today that both Britain and China support the resumption of so-called six-party disarmament talks.
He added that both countries shared the same resolution in having stability on the Korean peninsula and that sanctions against North Korea could be tightened. While the White House said it could not confirm reports from North Korea, it said it would condemn such a test as a violation of UN Security Council resolutions. North Korea, which is currently under UN sanctions for its nuclear and missile programmes, has previously conducted three nuclear tests in 2006, 2009 and 2013. Its last atomic test took place as Pyongyang looked to build a warhead apparently capable of reaching mainland America.
Tensions between the totalitarian state and the US and United Nations would be further soured if a fourth atomic test is confirmed as having taken place. Scientific agency the US geological survey measured the seismic activity at 5.1 magnitude on the richter scale. The test in February 2013 led to a similar reading on the scale being recorded in the same area, around 30 miles north of Kilju and the site of all of North Korea’s previous nuclear tests. Earlier in the year, earthquakes measuring the same reading killed people in Pakistan and India. South Korea vowed a tough response to the bomb test as President Park Geun-hye summoned an emergency national security council meeting in Seoul. She said at the start of the meeting that the government “must get North Korea to face corresponding measures based on closed cooperation with the international community”.
North Koreans watch a news broadcast on a video screen outside Pyongyang Railway Station. Some appear to be celebrating.
The test has sent the leaders of Japan and South Korea scrambling; South Korean president Park Geun-Hye, and her counterpart in Japan both convened their own emergency meetings as soon as North Korea announced the test.
Ordering her military to bolster its combined defence with the US, President Geun-hye said of the test: “It’s not only grave provocation of our national security, but also an act that threatens our lives and future.” Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe told reporters: “We absolutely cannot allow this, and condemn it strongly.” The condemnation came as a South Korean spy agency claimed North Korea may have tested A-bomb, not H-bomb ( via express.co.uk ).
From the Daily Mail, this is the picture of the North Korean test site